Tuesday, April 10

Ground Turkey & Mexicorn over Fresh Spinach



I think Target's bathing suit sizing is out of control, off the charts, and unnecessarily unflattering. The bottoms run so goddamn small. Orrrrrrr maybe I'm just not ready to commit to bathing suit season yet. 

But today, as I looked at the medium bottom pinching me in all the wrong places (the day after I got over a stomach bug when I was feeling otherwise slender) and thought about trading it in for a large, my inner narcissist took over and I bought a nail polish instead. And people wonder how we ended up with 00 sized clothing. Go ahead, roll your eyes at me.


I know it doesn't really matter. But it's totally something that happens in my head. I never understood small, medium, large sizing anyway. Why can't clothing just be sized by measurements. So that I don't have to check a size chart when I shop online. And no one has to call themselves "large" or double zero. And it makes sense? Pfttttt.

Cue Whatshouldwecallme...


Anyway I hope that brought about some laughs. And if I've made you feel nice and uncomfortable as well, you can rest easily knowing that this recipe is not for bacon s'mores cookie bars or dark chocolate peanut butter bacon truffles. It's refreshingly healthy and tastey. A good dish for feeling a little like you want to change the way you eat for the next month or so. Or a good dish for feeling like you want to eat something light, yet flavorful. It's sweet with a touch of spice. It's the way I really like to eat dinner during the week. It won't weigh you down or take up too much of your time either. (Super quick... as always!)


And relax! We look great.

Soundtrack:  

Ground Turkey & Mexicorn over Fresh Spinach
serves 3-4

1/2 tbsp EVOO (I used jalapeno-infused EVOO; regular is fine though)
2 lbs ground turkey
1 c. chopped sweet peppers (I bought a bag of minis for color variety)
1 can sweet corn
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chipotle seasoning
1 tsp chile powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tbsp agave (or honey if not available)
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
juices of 1/2 lime
baby spinach
cheddar cheese, grated for topping (optional)

Heat 1 EVOO over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add turkey, season with some salt and pepper, and cook, breaking apart with the side of a large spoon, until completely browned. 

Add the corn and sweet peppers and season with cumin, oregano, chipotle, chile powder, paprika and agave. Continue to cook another 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Add tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.

Dress with lime juice and serve over a bed of baby spinach. Garnish with shredded cheddar, optional.

Gift from Becca at DPC
<3<3<3<3
Ah! Look at this gross little invader!





No comments:

Post a Comment