Thursday, November 17

Favorite Peanut Stir Fry Sauce

This is...


...hands down, the best stir fry sauce. Ever.




Do you like peanut butter? I'm sure that you do. Because you're cool. I'm cool. We're hip. We're groovin'. And peanut butter is super yummy.

I remember the first time I learned peanut butter was mayyyybee not the best thing to haphazardly eat 5-6 spoonfuls of per day. It was a sad day. One day it's, "Hey, this goo is really good! I can totally snack on this instead of real food whenever I get bored, because goo is totally calorie free!" and the next day it's "Wow, I've totally been consuming an needless average 600-700 calories mindlessly every day." Oh, to be 13 again. Eek.

And just so you know, I'm not the only person who's had this experience with peanut butter. I know others. My aunt, for instance. She told me once (it must have been why I had this revelation, because I don't know why else this story would be so burned in my brain), that she ate it every day when she got home from school, until one day she read the label. So see? I'm not the only one.

But anyway, back to this stir fry sauce. It's my go-to. The peanut butter is thinned out with vinegar and soy sauce and seasoned, to make a tangy, gingery, spicy sauce that you can pour over virtually anything that you're stir-frying. It's that easy. It's that delicious. And I'm sharing it with you. Because I love you.

And because you love me, you're going to follow this link. And vote for my pie. I scratch your big toe, you scratch mine. I'm just kidding. I would never go anywhere near your big toe. I hate feet.


Favorite Peanut Stir Fry Sauce
Adapted from Eatingwell.com
Serves 2-3


3 tbsp water
4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

2-4 tsp hot sauce (to taste)


Whisk all ingredients together. Pour over cooked meat and/or slightly sauteed stir-fry vegetables to finish!






No comments:

Post a Comment