Wednesday, November 2

Potato, Broccoli & Apple Gratin

Grrrrrratin!
Feel free to roll your eyes at me putting more apples in my food. It's all good in the hood. 


Anyone else eating too much Halloween candy because they didn't get any trick-or-treaters this year? Anyone else buy candy for Halloween simply because they didn't get any trick-or-treaters last year either, and that's a great excuse to eat too much Halloween candy? High five!

My favorite Halloween candy is the candy corn (that's right the candy corn). And Elf loves it too. Speaking of Elf, OMG CHRISTMAS! Sorry, I won't do that again until after Thanksgiving. Promise. (Not!)

Just to change the subject, I'll tell you I just painted most of my nails grey (or Concrete Catwalk) and then one nail on each hand white (or Alpine Snow). It looks really awesome. Go me! I rule.

You know what else rules? PUTTING APPLES IN ALL YOUR FOOD!!  There, I said it. And I meant it.

Grrrrrratin!

Sountrack:


Potato, Broccoli & Apple Gratin
Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side

1 medium red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
2 medium Russet potatoes, cubed
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 broccoli crown, stems removed and cut into bite sized pieces
5-6 sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 med cooking apple, cubed (I used a Macoun, they're my favorite to cook with)
1/4 c chicken broth (or veggie broth!)
3 oz Muenster cheese, grated
Salt, pepper, EVOO

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme, then cook for another 5-6 minutes. Stir in broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, apple and chicken broth. Season with salt & pepper. Turn off heat.

Transfer to a greased casserole dish. Top with cheese. Baked, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese browns on top.

Taters!
Homefries!
Change uuuup!

Say Cheese!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment