Tuesday, May 8

Tangy Roasted Sweet & Russet Potato Hash

Yummmmmmm!



I hope this weekend was great for everyone. Relaxing or really fun or a little of both. I hope there were good times with people you care about. I hope it was exactly what you needed. If you're "weekend" is during the week and yet to come... I'm jealous.


I went to a goat race that was held by Slyfox Brewery! Eek. (This was appropriate for me because welllll... I love goats. Goat cheese. Goats in trees. Goats scaling a dam wall. Bebe goats. All the goats. And I love beer.)


This is me petting a goat. It was way more interested in that plastic carriage.
Go figure.
Goats! Goats! Goats!

And now... sweet potato, russet potato, peppers, mango, zucchini. Basil. Cilantro & Lemon. Fetaaa!




Soundtrack: I've really been digging the new Gotye album lately. Check it out. Rulez.


Tangy Roasted Sweet & Russet Potato Hash
Serves 3-4 as a side


1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
1 medium baking potato, cut into 1" pieces
1 c. diced sweet peppers (red bell or small sweet)
1 medium poblano, diced
1 large mango, cubed
1 medium zucchini, cubed
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
handful of fresh basil, chopped
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c feta cheese crumbles


Preheat oven to 350.


Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil. Add some salt and boil the cubed potatoes for ~5 minutes, or until softened. Drain into a colander and set aside. 


In a large bowl, toss together the sweet peppers, poblanos, mango, zucchini, and onion. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Season with salt, oil, cumin, basil, cilantro & fresh lemon juice. Add feta and stir until thoroughly coated.


Grease a 13x9 pan. Spread out hash mixture on the greased pan into an even layer. Roast for ~30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Serve hot.







No comments:

Post a Comment