Monday, September 24

Zatar Seasoned Roasted Veggies & Potatoes

Heyyyy you! Are you busy during the week? Ugh, yea man, I know what that's like. Are you busy on the weekend too? Yea.. totally hear ya. 

Would you like an easy, throw-together kinda side dish? Thought so!

I know that I love this one so I thought I would share. I love this because it's so easy to commit to memory. You get your veggies and a healthy starch all in one dish so you're minimizing dishes to wash. And while the veggie combo that I list for this recipe is a great combo to roast together with potatoes, if you don't have red pepper you could substitute green. You could use sweet potato or russet potatoes. You could even nix the carrots and switch it up with brussell sprouts. Basically, it's easy to work with what you have in the fridge. 

I'll keep this short, you know, because you're busy. But totally save this and give it a try next time you're pressed for time. 

Zatar Seasoned Roasted Veggies & Potatoes
Serves 2-4 (I'll be honest, Adam and I split it. But it should probably serve 4 as a side.)

5-6 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped into large slices
1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 c baby carrots
1 tbsp EVOO
2-3 tsp of zatar
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients until potatoes are coated by oil and seasoning.

Bake in a ceramic or glass dish for about 1 hr or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment