Wednesday, March 21

Artichoke and Olive Tapenade

If I were to tell you that I haven't made this tapenade 4-5 times this year that would be a lie. Sort of like if I told you I didn't make soft pretzels again this weekend. Sort of like if I told you I wasn't dreaming about eating this dish for the 100th time for dinner tomorrow and that I didn't eat stir fry with this sauce again! for dinner tonight. 


Some things are just keepers. The foods you go back to again and again until you have the recipe memorized and you make it even more because, well, now it's just natural. 

I could make pancakes in my sleep at this point (which honestly, would be a good time saving skill on those weekends when I just want to sleep in). AND PUT OLIVES IN THEM. Macaroni and cheese? I literally can make it myself faster than I could do it from a box.


So why do I continue to make this tapenade whenever I need to contribute an appetizer? Obviously it's delicious. But it's super easy too. I'm really not kidding... it's delicious. And it's easy. Are we on the same page?

It's also green, so it was appropriately adorable for Christmas Eve and St Patrick's day. How convenient!

I've made it again and again because olives rule. Artichokes also rule. And capers, well, really just kinda rule. Mix them all together and what do you get (besides a tapenade of course)? A delicious and nutritious party in your mouth.




Oh, and it pairs well with smoked mozzarella. Bonus. Points.


Artichoke and Olive Tapenade 
Adapted from Mario Batali, via Smitten Kitchen

1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
1 c large green pitted olives
1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained
 2 tbsp EVOO
crostini, or a whole wheat baguette sliced and toasted



Combine the garlic clove, olives, capers and artichoke hearts in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture reaches a coarse paste-like consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then with the processor still running slowly add the olive oil to the bowl.


Serve with crostini or toasts.

Ya feelin' me on that whole... this is easy thing?






Not food, but notably cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment